View Full Version : Couple of questions conserning GT-pro with another preamp
09-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Considering buying GT-pro now as my G-major got broken, and the features that GT-pro have interests me LOT (USB,editor,More effects than g-major, more routing options.
I'm going to use it with another preamp, so the main tone is almost always from this another tube preamp.
1. Is it possible to use in GT-pro's loop1 / 2 for preamp? Or what is the best way to use it, since my other preamp doesn't have effects loop?
2. Can you bypass GT-pro's preamps totally?
3. Can you combine loop1 sound with GT-pro preamp i.e. panning them left / right.
4. Can you use speaker sims with external preamp. So if I'm able to use only speaker sims from GT-pro, I can get my tube preamps (egnater m4) wonderful tone with different speakers to my pc.
09-05-2005, 01:22 PM
The GT-Pro is a great unit. I will try to answer the questions I can
1) You can use the Loop 1 or Loop 2 for patching in your preamp. You can use them both if your preamp has stereo outputs. Using Loop 1 and/or Loop 2 lets you place your preamp WHEREVER you want in your signal chain. If you are fine with it in the beginning of your chain, you can also use the PRE LOOP, which puts it infront of everything else everytime.
2) Yes you can, just press the preamp button and turn it to off
3) You can combine your external preamp with the PRO's preamps, I am not too sure about panning them though
4) I am not too sure about this one, I will test it today and see. It seems like the question would just be can I use the speaker sims with the Pro's Preamp off. I know for sure you could keep the PRO's preamp on and just turn the level to 0, that would always work. Keep in mind too that if you are going to be using the speaker sims that your Output select has to be set to LINE/PHONES.
By the way the GT-Pro recording through USB is nice and easy
09-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Thanks for quick reply!
I'll think I'll order one very soon then :)
It is enough if the only speaker sims can be used by setting preamp output to zero or something like that, if this can be still verified I would be thankful. If this solution works it's cool. Don't know if it has an effect on tone though.
Then I could just practise with headphones at night with my egnater m4 as preamp and GT-pro as effects and speaker sim. Than would be killer setup. Also recording demo's / ideas would be very fast this way.
09-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Yea it is alot easier to just plug in a USB cable and you are set up to record. Although I haven't figured it out yet, I was reading through the manual and there is a way to record just a dry guitar and then play it back to the GT-Pro and apply the effects later without playing the same guitar part over and over. I think this process is called "re-amping." Plugging in headphones and playing at night is very fun. I don't even use the speaker/cabinet sims and it sounds great. You will be surprised with the sound of the Pro's preamps, they are actually very good
09-06-2005, 04:25 AM
there is a way to record just a dry guitar and then play it back to the GT-Pro and apply the effects later
Anyone tried this? I've been meaning to since I got the Pro....
09-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Yea I want to know if anyone knows how to do it. I got to the part where you record the dry guitar, change the input from Guitar to USB, then i don't know what to do[/quote]
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.